• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 64 other subscribers
  • Archives

Sat. May 14 to Fri. May 20- Westminster CO to North Platte NE

Saturday- We were up early and left by 7:25 to go to Cherry Creek in southeast Denver. We met up with Kathy and Brian Mungar at the Cherry Creek Farmers Market and ate breakfast with them there. 

Bob and I both had crepes. Brian had biscuits and gravy and Kathy had a scone. We wandered through the market. I bought some red bell peppers and Bob bought tamales.

We split up, not thinking we would see them again until next year.  They went to the Container Store and  we went to Soma. When I came out of Soma, Bob was sitting talking to Brian! So we talked for awhile, then we left to return to our side of town.

We stopped at Home Depot, so Bob could buy some heat shrink tubing. We stopped at Costco for gas, $1.95 gal, and returned home for lunch. I continued doing laundry and Bob put in the inside portion of the new antenna into the MH, after putting the heat shrink tubing on the roof portion.

Once Bob got it all finished, it did not work! The light is supposed to come on, so he is going to have to figure out how to get it working. Needless to say, he is pretty frustrated.

I spent some time on the phone and Bob took a nap, with the dogs.

We ate dinner at home and watched TV. To night we watched “Man in the  High Castle” on Amazon Prime.

It has been cold and raw again today. Yesterday it was sunny and I had all the windows open. Colorado weather!!!!

Sunday- Another cold, raw day. I worked on the business and laundry. Bob took the sheets and towels to the laundromat. We had a nice nap, ate dinner at home, and watched TV. A quiet day.

Monday-  We were out the door early to drop the dogs off at the groomers. We bid them farewell, and went to the storage unit. I unloaded a whole bunch of more larger clothing. We dropped the stuff off at Goodwill.

We returned home and went grocery shopping. Bob had his appointment with the PCP, which went well. Since they had not called about the dogs, Bob dropped me off for a mani/pedi. He went to lunch at Honey Baked Ham. I was finished quickly, so Bob returned and picked me up. We went and picked up the dogs, then returned to the MH.

I worked on the blog and Bob did some tasks to get the MH ready for travel. We ate dinner at home, watched TV and went to bed.

Tuesday- We continued to do things around the MH. After lunch, I went to my hair appointment.. Bob took a short nap. I returned and we relaxed a bit, ate dinner  and watched more TV.

Wednesday- I had a Chiropractor appt. at 9:15, so we left and went there. We stopped at Home Depot and returned something we had bought that did not fit. We went to Costco for a last trip, then returned to the MH.

At 11:30, I went down to the Lodge with Marianna. We had lunch with Lynn and Julie, then played Ponytail Canasta all afternoon. Marianna was my partner and we lost this week. Oh well, only a game!

I returned to the MH and we went up to social hour. The weather was nice, for a change, and we were able to sit outside. We had a great time until 5:30, talking to some Escapees. We returned, ate dinner, read, watched TV and went to bed.

Thursday- We leave today! We have been so ready to leave! But first we got the MH as ready as we could, than ran over to the Cardiologists office for Bob to have an EKG. It was normal and the Cardiologist cleared Bob to leave.

We returned to the MH, and brought in the slides, disconnected the electric and I drove the MH out of the site. Bob then raked the site, as we had left some areas where the tires had dropped into the  mud. We are hoping it dries out for Mel and Thelma when they return to their site.

We hitched up the car and were on our way northeast on I-76. I drove us out of Westminster. I noted that our digital thermometer and compass said we were traveling NW. Hmmm, guess we need a new one! The thermometer has always seemed off, but this is the first time that the direction has been off.

We eventually turned onto I-90 through Nebraska. We arrived in North Platte around 4:30 and pulled into Lakeside Campground, a PA park. The owners were new, they had bought the park 2 months ago. We checked in, $15 per night, and pulled into a FHU 50 amp site. We will definitely stay there again!  I did some laundry, and we ate dinner and settled in for the night.

Friday- We drove east on I-76. Fortunately, the wind was not too bad. We continued to Omaha, and  turned north.  We traveled only about 16 more miles, into Iowa,  and went west to a little campground some folks had in their front yard, in Missouri Valley Iowa. They had 18 sites. We stopped at the house/office to pay. $35, which was way too much! I was 50 amp FHU, but I felt it was overpriced as they had no amenities.

We went to disconnect the car, and it was dead again! Bob tried to use our new charger, but it could not charge the battery. The campground owner tried to two chargers that he had, and he could not get it to start either. So he pulled out his pick-up and started it that way. We let it run for awhile, then the campground owner put a charger on it and we left it overnight. We settled in for the evening.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: