• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 64 other subscribers
  • Archives

Sat. Feb. 12 to Fri. Feb. 18- Sun City AZ

Saturday- We were frustrated with CarMax, as we had not heard back from them. Bob had called both Arturo and left a message for the sales manager. No one called us back yesterday or this morning. So we decided to drive to CarMax. We stopped first at Lowes to pick up some paint and other items. They did not have quarts of paint. The shelves were bare. Bob was able to get the other items he needed. The paint employee told us she had checked the other stores for what we wanted, but none had the quarts. We do not need a gallon.

Then we stopped in at CarMax. We asked for Arturo, but he was not working, so we asked for a sales manager. Brandon, who had moved the car the other day, remembered us. He checked on the car. While we were waiting for Brandon to look the car up on the computer, Arturo texted me. So they are still working on the car.

We returned home, ate lunch, and Bob went to Ace Hardware for the paint. Then he went and bought flowers for me for Valentine’s Day. (Big smile!)

We watched another episode of Reacher.

Sunday- We went to Walmart early, then stopped at Bash’s to get distilled water. They seem to have it every other week.

Bob worked on some tasks, I did laundry, and we worked on our travels. We watched Reacher in the evening.

Monday- I had the next NG appt. this morning at 8:30. Then a mani/pedi at 9:30. I did the Tangle Art at 1. I am missing my buddy Carolyn. She texted that she and her hubby had tested positive for Covid. So she is out at least 2 weeks!  Bob had been working on painting his sign for his work bench.

Tuesday- We had the Posse Operations Meeting. Wow, lots of great changes. Randy spoke again. We were really impressed with the meeting. We rushed back, Bob took the dogs out, and then he took Koda to her next class. He returned at about 12:15 and at 12:40 I picked up Diane and we went to Mahjongg at Dorothy’s. I won one time, but I had a great time playing and laughing. 

Wednesday- I had April’s next card making class. That was fun.

I returned home, ate lunch, and went to my card embroidery class.

At 2:45, I had a follow up appt. with the Doctor to find out about the MRI. I have a moderately torn hamstring, with some small tears in the muscle. Just to let you know what the hamstring is, “Three muscles run down the back of your leg, from your thigh to your knee — the biceps femoris, semitendinosus, and semimembranosus — and help you bend your knee and extend your hip. As a group, they are known as the hamstring.” Part of my tear is at the hip joint, where the muscle joins. The Doc asked me if that area hurt. Nope, just in the center of the back of my thigh. Needless to say, I carry a pillow with me at all times, as I cannot sit comfortably without it!The Doctor said absolutely no exercise until I see the PT. No more bike riding. Sigh….

Thursday- I had the Calligraphy Club meeting. Since I am publicity chair, I had to tell them what I had done over the month. Basically getting information up on the website and updating the flier for the room window.

At 1, I played Ponytail Canasta with the Next Gen ladies. We arrived to find ourselves locked out of the room. We have it booked for every Thursday from 1-4, one week we play Canasta and the other week we play Mahjong, except for the 5th Thursday in the month, when someone else uses the room. The Lawn Bowling group were given the room for a luncheon today.

The room was empty, but the long tables were set up instead of the square card tables. So one of the gals went to the lawn bowling group and asked them if they were done. They were, so we went in and played on the long tables.

Bob has been back and forth to the Wood Shop. He even put the basket on his bike and rides his bike over to the shop.

Friday- We had the Posse today. We had three medical calls, two right in a row. No Vacation Watches. We were a bit late going back to the Base, so I changed shirts at the Posse. Then Bob dropped me off for my next NG treatment.

Jose was running late, so finally, I just went up to the desk and had them delete this appointment and add it to the end of my treatments. Bob was still eating his lunch in the car. I had to run to the Calligraphy Class. We had a Master Calligrapher teaching this class. She is a certified professional. It was fun. Each class, we are trying different pens and different fonts. I liked this pen, better than last weeks. Trudy and John are going to purchase more pens for us to try. This was the last class of the series. I am still working on a free online class. I try to practice each day.  

Fridays are always so busy, I come back really tired and fall asleep in the recliner, but this week, while we were on our rounds, we stopped in and picked up a library book I had ordered,  that had just come in. I had finally gotten up to #1 on the 200 person list for the latest Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum book. Her books are always great for a laugh! So I started reading the book. 

This evening when Bob took the dogs for their after dinner walk, he had a big issue. There is a large, untrained, unleashed dog on 102 Ave. The owner just opened the door and let the dog out. It came after our dogs and Bob. Bob Actually took the dogs out in the street to get away from this dog. The dog was barking, growling and had the hair on his back up. That is a sure sign of a dog issue. Bob was angry and scared for our dogs. This is not the first time this has happened with this dog and owner. The owner just said, “oh he’s friendly, he won’t hurt anyone!” Bob has also had a problem with the wife, who is very petite and cannnot handle the big dog. Bob told the guy it is against Maricopa County regulations to allow a dog out without a leash to control the dog. He of course just ignored Bob.

Bob was still upset when he got home, so he called the Posse to intervene. We knew the gal who showed up, it was one of the Board Members, Toni. She went over to talk to the guy. We will see what happened over the next week. Bob was still so upset, he did not sleep well this night.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: