• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 64 other subscribers
  • Archives

Sat. Feb 22 to Fri. Feb. 28- Sun City, Mesa, Sun City

Saturday-  It rained most of the day. When it rains in Arizona, the drainage is interesting. The roads flood, then clear out quickly. That means that there is a lot of sitting water, while the roads clear.

Bob took the sheets and towels to the laundry. I did lots of laundry in the rig.

We went to lunch at Café Zupas, and had our usual salads. We returned home and took a nice nap. The weather cleared in the late afternoon, although it was still cool, in the low 60’s.

We had a quiet afternoon and evening.

Sunday-  We filled our pill containers and checked our accounts. We packed up and left around 11:15. We drove to I-101, to AZ 60, to Mesa. We  drove into Mesa Spirit RV Park. We paid $62.48, WITH our Encore discount. We were taken to a small site. We sank in the mud a bit. So Bob put boards under the wheels.

We left around 2, to head over to Bob’s cousin Jacque and her husband Paul’s 5th wheel. We met up there with Connie and Lavern. We took the dogs with us, as they know all the other dogs.

At 4:30, we left to go to dinner. We left the dogs in the 5th wheel with Stewie, their dog. He is not the nicest dog, but he is okay with the girls.

We went to a place called The Handlebar. We sat out on their patio. The food was very good, as was the beer. The only issue, was they had connected the taps to the wrong kegs, so Bob and Lavern received the wrong beers. They ended up getting those beers for free! So they were happy, since they also got the beers they wanted, also. We had a great time visiting.

I drove us back to the 5th wheel. Roxie was asleep on the bed. I think Koda was with her. Then Koda came and greeted us. Roxie took her time, as she was still sleepy!

We said our good-byes, and I drove us home.

Monday- We had sunk in the mud in our site, but Bob was able to drive the rig out of the site. The concrete, next to the road, moved a lot when Bob drove over it. We arrived at Gene’s RV Repair at 8:45. We checked in and left. I always hate days when we have work done on the rig, as we have to take the dogs with us.

We went to a dog park which was okay. The dogs did their business, but were not interested in playing with the other dogs. I was glad of that, as there was a large pond and a lot of mud.

We went to Kohl’s to return something I had ordered on Amazon. Wow, was that interesting! I walked in the door and a salesperson asked if I was looking where to do an Amazon return. The manila bag I was carrying was a big clue!

She pointed me in the right direction, which was to the back of the store. There was a gal at a kiosk. She scanned the bar in the email Amazon had sent to me. She took the bag, put a receipt into it, taped it, and handed me my receipt. She said I would have my refund in 2-4 days. I had it in 2 hours! The receipt also included a 25% off coupon for Kohl’s.

It was too early for lunch, so we took the dogs to another dog park. This one was pretty awful!. Dog poop all over and lots of mud. We did not stay. We went and picked up salads at Café Zupas, realizing that we had been there the last time we were in Mesa.

We stopped at a park and ate lunch. Bob walked the dogs and we sat in the car reading. Around 2, Gene’s called, so we returned to the repair shop. The gal thought we were ready, but evidently, not, as we had to wait for them to bring out the rig. We left at 2:45. The rig is not fixed. They agreed with Bob and Allen’s diagnosis, that compressor #1 was not working. The manufacturer no longer makes the compressor, so they need to get parts. Our extended warranty is paying $1685 for the compressor repair, but we still have our deductible and some other items that were not covered.

They had taken out the compressor, so they did not charge us anything. I guess they know we have to return to get the compressor. They did hook up the #2 compressor, so that we have heat.

Unfortunately, it was now rush hour. We took I-202 to I-101. We sailed along on the 202, which is a new road. When we reached the 101, it was bumper to bumper all the way to our exit. That drive was no fun! This is why we went over on Sunday; so that we could avoid rush hour traffic.

We were both exhausted when we arrived home, so once we set up, Bob went over the Elks Lodge and picked up 2 spaghetti dinners.

Tuesday- I went to Maj this morning. I returned, we ate lunch, and both took a nap. We had a quiet afternoon and evening.  Koda was comfortable….

Koda chair 1

Wednesday- I had PT at 11. Zach had me doing more and different exercises. I was out of there in an hour. I returned and ate lunch. We had a quiet afternoon and evening.

Blast it! I came down with a cold. I was not feeling very good when I went to bed.  I started on Zicam.

Thursday- I skipped Maj this morning. I was feeling a lot better. We went grocery shopping, picking up some canned vegetables to be prepared, incase we end up quarantined.

I took a nap in the afternoon and Bob went to Costco. He said that Costco was worse than at Christmas. He went to Sams Club for gas, and stopped at the Walmart we do not like, as our usual Walmart did not have some of the items we wanted.

Bob returned home and we watched some TV.

Friday-  I went to PT at 11. I had Ray today. He had me doing the same exercises, but he added the leg press.  I returned home and took a nap. I still have the cold. So far Bob ahs not come down with it.  Saw this on my way to PT. There is another dog who waits for security to come by and give him treats!

Security w dog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: