• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 64 other subscribers
  • Archives

Sat. Dec. 15 to Fri. Dec. 21- Sun City AZ

Saturday-  We  stopped at In N’ Out burger for a couple of burgers for lunch. Then we stopped at the Library to pick up a book. Then we went to Target for some of the Tyson Tequila Lime Chicken wings. We returned home and had a quiet afternoon watching some of the Hallmark movies, I did some coloring, and Bob read his book.

We had dinner at home and watched Bosch, season 4, on Amazon Prime.

Sunday- We did our usual Sunday tasks. We had a quiet day at home. We ate lunch at home. It was Ray’s birthday, so we had a pot luck dinner at the MPR ( Multi-purpose Room). He had requested ice cream and brownies that Linda made. We had the wings which I baked and threw into the crock pot to keep them warm.

At 4:30 we went to the MPR, with Ray, MaryAnne, Linda, Mike,Donna and Allen. We had a great time. There is a piano in the room, so Donna played Happy Birthday while we all sang to Ray. MaryAnne lasted about 1.5 hours, which was good! That was the reason for the pot luck rather than going to a restaurant. MaryAnne could leave at any time if she wore out. We watched the rest of Bosch, season 4 on Amazon Prime.

Monday-  We had a quiet morning with Bob working on measuring and moving rocks for our shed. I worked on an article. We ate lunch at home, and went to play Spades  from 1-3. We ate dinner at home and watched Game of Thrones on DVD.

Tuesday- I worked on the article and went to play Maj from 10-12. We ate lunch, then had a quiet afternoon, up until my cell phone rang around 3 PM. It was Medicare calling. I had sent a letter, letting them know that I had stopped my Medicare Part B. I had asked for a refund of Jan and Feb. He said that I could not get a refund as I still had Medicare Part B. I explained that on Nov. 19, we had mailed the form to Social Security canceling out Medicare B.  He said it was not cancelled and  Bob’s was not cancelled either. So I called Social Security. I was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I spoke to the women and she said to re-send the form. We asked if we could walk it in locally, and she said yes. Grrrrr, now we have to go to the SS office!

We purchased the Shed online from Amazon. It will be delivered on Jan. 4th, between 9 and 12. What is really cool, is that we could make 5 payments, without any extra charge!

Wednesday-  We left at 8:15 to go to the Alfa monthly breakfast at Tivoli Gardens. We met up with Linda, Mike, Karen and John. We had a nice breakfast, unfortunately the gal got my order wrong, but that meant I had a free breakfast…

We left at 9:30 and drove to the SS office. We parked and went inside. Security made Bob take his small knife on his key ring back to the car, while I got in line. Bob arrived back before I reached the counter to sign in. Then the gal said they would take both of us at the same time,so we now had to wait until our name was called.

While we were sitting there, I reached into my purse for my lip balm, and found my pocket knife and a small pair of scissors, that the guard had missed when he checked my purse!

Anyway, we sat for an hour, reading our books. Mathew, the worker said that he was not surprised that the letter “never arrived”. He kind of rolled his eyes, meaning that it had been pitched. So he accepted the forms, stamped them, and made copies so that we have documentation. The loss of Part B will not come until Feb 1, so I will only get one month of a refund. He told Bob not to pay for January Part B, as it would not make a difference.( We cancelled Part B as Bob is retired Federal employee and we can use the government insurance for Part B. This is a lot less expensive! So unless you can do this, DO NOT CANCEL YOUR PART B!!!). 

We left and went to Best Buy. We were checking on Bob’s phone. We want to cancel his repair/replace service. We think we might switch him over to ATT, when he can, in March. I would stay with Verizon and he would go with ATT. We have found that where there is no Verizon, there is ATT, and vice-versa! Plus we have Direct TV and he will have free streaming.

We continued on to the Pet Health Pharmacy. When Bob went to refill Karlie’s heart pill, he could not find it anywhere. He called our Vet office and they searched around for the medication. It either is backlogged or they are not making it anymore! So they found Pet Health Pharmacy, which is a compounding pharmacy. They made up a liquid for us. The Vet office said that 90 days would cost $90. When Bob called them to order the med, it would be $150 for 90 days. He ordered 60 days of the liquid, $100.  Obviously, they charge the Vet office less for them to re-sell to us. We will keep working on this!

From there, we went across the parking lot to a little local restaurant for lunch. There are a lot of these little places in the area. The food was mediocre. While sitting there, I started getting a sharp pain in my right calf. It came and went. It kept up, so as we were driving past Banner Boswell Hospital, we pulled into the parking lot to check my calf. We got out of the car, I pulled up my pant leg and both of us looked. We wanted to rule out a DVT.  If I had one ,we would walk into the ER. I just had the pain, no swelling, no redness, no hot area! So Bob timed it. You would think I was having labor pains! The pain was every 20 seconds.

We continued to home. I walked into the rig and grabbed a bottle of Propel. I drank about 4 ounces and headed for the bathroom. I had diarrhea. The diarrhea lasted about 5 hours, then turned to just gas and belching. After the 4 oz. of the Propel, the muscle cramp was gone, but now I knew that my body had pulled the electrolytes out of my muscles and into the colon.  I drank 2 large bottles of Propel, as I had gotten shaky.

By dinner time I was down to just a lot of gas. Never any nausea or vomiting. So I asked Bob to pick up some Chinese food, as it has so much sodium in it. We knew by this time it was not food poisoning so it had to be a virus. We continued watching Game of thrones.

Thursday- I was fine this morning. So I went to Maj. There were 6 of us, so Nina and I played with the two of us. We each won two games and we had one wall game.

I returned and we had a quiet afternoon and evening, with left over Chinese for dinner.

Friday- I went to card making while Bob raked the rocks out of the way for the shed. We went to Costco for gas, $2.45 gal. We ran into Costco for some pills. Then we went to lunch at Café Zupas. We stopped at Walmart for groceries and returned home.

In the afternoon, Bob started getting sick. The same thing that I had. He ate dinner and we continued watching Game of Thrones.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: