• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 64 other subscribers
  • Archives

Sat. Feb 6 to Fri. Feb 12- Sun City AZ

Saturday- We are so glad to be back in Paradise!  It was still windy and in the low 50’s even though the sun was shining, it was still too chilly to go to water aerobics.

We decided to re-arranged some items, do laundry, and clean out the file drawer. We shredded so much paper, that we overheated the shredder and had to wait for it to cool down to continue. Wow, you can collect a lot of paper when you have surgery and they send you so many EOB’s (explanation of benefits).

We ate lunch at home. Later, we left and went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream, as we had a ‘buy one get one free’. Then off to Walmart and home again.

When we returned, the wind had died down, so we walked the dogs and went to the hot tub, where I stretched out my knees.

We ate dinner at home, and watched some On Demand shows.

Sunday- We had a quiet day. Lunch was in and we took a short nap. We watched the Super Bowl, then the Late Show.

Monday- The temp had increased to 63 this morning when we got up, and even though there was a wind, I went to water aerobics. It felt so good to get into the pool and move. There were 24 people in the class. It’s a good thing they have a large pool!

After I returned, we stopped at the little Post Office, then we went to Build a Bike for a new seat for my bike. The old one was not comfortable and it had started to crack. Then we stopped at the 99 cent store for some plastic table cloths, then off to In n’ Out burger for lunch. We stopped at a Redbox to pick up a DVD. Just before I put in the money, Bob remembered that our DVD player is broken! So we did not complete the purchase, even though I had a free DVD rental.

We returned and waited for Paul “Da Builda” to arrive. He was bringing our doors today. He walked in and went “uh oh!” He had not done the front right. So  he put in the corrected door in the bedroom and the side doors in the front.

We had a gift card for “ On the Border” so we went out for dinner. Not a place we would usually go, but we did not want to waste a $25 gift card. We stopped at Best Buy on the way back and purchased a new DVD player.

We returned home and watched some shows we had recorded.

Tuesday– I went to water aerobics. There were 27 people in the pool. Whew, that was crowded! I returned and jumped into the shower, then I was off to Mahjongg. I returned at 12, and we ate lunch. Then we took a short nap. When we woke, we went to the Verizon store. The door on the bottom of my phone, which makes it water resistant had broken.

The gal looked up our account. We have always had a repair plan, incase we broke a phone. Nope, somehow it was cancelled in 2012. Grrrr! I am really upset, since not only was it cancelled on both of our phones, there was one put on a phone we do not have. That is a long story, but it has to do with our plan and our unlimited data. The gal looked up for her tablet and in awe she said, “you have an unlimited data plan”! Yup, and we want to keep it!

We returned and Bob walked the dogs while I got ready for happy hour. Once he returned, we left to go over to Linda and Mike’s for our social time.

Bob ran back at about 6, and fed the dogs. It was still hot in the MH, as the temp had been 85 today, so he turned on the air conditioner.

We stayed talking until 8:15, when we returned home as I had been expecting a phone call.

Wednesday- I had a hair appointment and Bob went to the barber this morning. I returned and we ate lunch. I had Mahjongg at 1. Bob worked around the MH.

At about 4, John from Alfateers called to discuss our issues. Bob talked to him for about 45 minutes. We left it at we will call him back.

We ate dinner, watched TV and went to bed. Bob did not get to sleep until after 1:30 and I woke up at 2. Stress!

I finally got up at 4 and took a Melatonin. I went back to sleep at around 5 and slept until 7:30.

Thursday- I went to water aerobics. When I returned, we discussed what we are going to do about the MH slide. At 11, we went to Mike and Linda’s. They have been to Alfateers many times and have not had these types of issues. So we are still thinking about what we are going to do.

We returned to the MH and ate lunch. Then we ran up to the mail room, but there was no mail for us. Bob wants to catch up with the “orange man” as he missed him on Monday because Paul was here.

When I checked my email, I found an email from my editor requesting updates on  21 of  my articles. Okay, I am going to be busy! I quickly finished the Roadrunner newsletter and set it off to the President of the club to send out to the membership and to put on the website.

We sat outside enjoying the awesome weather. It was in the 80’s and Arizona dry. There was not a cloud in the sky! So beautiful! The temp this morning when we got up was 61. Phoenix is expected to break records this week.

We grilled some salmon for dinner and watched TV.

Friday- I was off to the Card Club while Bob took the car and went to the hardware store. He put in a round grommet under our cabinet where the cords come out. He also fixed the front step cover and cleaned behind it. We have an automatic step cover and it had come loose numerous times. This time he took the bolts out and put in new bolts and screws.

I returned and we talked to John from Alfateers. We had a good discussion, talking about communication and all the problems that we had.  We decided to go back and give them another chance. John had not been there when the problems occurred and he is going to try to be there this time to make sure that things go well. He knows that we are leaving Alfateers and going to the Alfa Rally, so it would be a very good idea if they did a good job for us.

He and Bob discussed the issues and he talked to some of the staff, then called us back to clarify some issues. We will have to be out of the MH for at least a week, if not two weeks, but this repair needs to be completed.

We ate lunch, then I called Thousand Trails. When we upgraded in 2012, we were given some certificates for stays in the cabins. Now we need a stay. We have to pay, and they are reimbursed once we submit the receipt. We have not used any of these, so this will be good. This gives us one free week in a cabin. I could not get two weeks, as they did not have the availability, but we received another 4 days at 50% off the regular price. We do have to pay an extra $30 for the dogs, but at least they have a cabin where they accept pets. That will give us 11 nights, and we will have to move back into the MH if they go longer.

We finally had to turn on the air conditioner at around 2:30, as the temp in the MH had climbed into the 80’s. We ate dinner then went to Square Dancing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: