• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 64 other subscribers
  • Archives

Sat. Jan. 31 to Fri. Feb. 6- Sun City AZ

Saturday- Still raining. Work was not bad. I had Kari, a social worker with me from 9-1. We knocked out all the issues and she left at 1 to go to another floor. Now all I had left were admissions. It was a nice day, busy, but not frantic.

Bob continues to work on the wood. Because it was raining, he did the rail over the living room slide and along the ceiling. He also took more cabinets apart to get them done when the rain stops. He does the varnish outside on the patio and lets the doors air dry outside.

He picked me up at 4:15 and we returned to the MH. I promptly fell asleep in the recliner. Bob fixed dinner and we watched TV before going to bed.

Sunday- Super Bowl. I had asked to change my time from 7:45 –4:15 to 7:15 –3:45. That way we could be home before the game started at 4:30.  Polly was back and our census was down. I helped Heidi on her floor and Patricia on her two floors. They were both really busy so I still ran around assisting.

We settled in to watch the game which started at 4:30 AZ time. We did not care who won, we were just watching the commercials, although I would have preferred that the Sea Hawks won. Oh well!

We ate dinner around half time. Then we watched Black List and went to bed. 

Monday- It was a nice day and Polly was with me. It was steady busy, but not frantic. Hopefully things will stay this way. Still a lot of people with the flu coming in to the hospital. We had a full census, not like yesterday.

Normally in the winter, Phoenix increases by 3 million people. During the past week, for the Super Bowl, the area increased by another 1 million folks. In the summer, the population decreases to 1 million people who suffer through the horrible heat and monsoon season.

Tuesday- I was off to Mahjongg at 9. I did not win any games this week, but then I had won 3 games in a row last week. Still average ahead!

While I was gone, Bob took Mike over to the woodworking shop. He said that the more they wandered around the more projects that Mike came up with! LOL. We met for lunch and went to Good China for some Chinese. We returned home and Bob walked the dogs then put another coat of varnish on the cabinet doors. I laid down for a 2 hour nap. Bob laid down for about 1/2 hour.

Bob put the dry doors back on and we ate dinner. Bob picked up MaryAnne and they went to the Astronomy Club meeting. I stayed home and did tasks around the MH. Bob said the topic of the speaker was viewing planets around other stars. He was from the Univ. of AZ and Bob said it was very interesting.

Wednesday– We were off to Vision Works because I was not happy with my new glasses. So they replaced the pads. Still not happy, but out of time this week. I will have to go back again.

I played Mahjongg in the afternoon. Bob continues to work on the wood. We went out to dinner at Black Angus since we had a coupon. MaryAnne and Ray were busy elsewhere, and so were Judy and Fred, so it was just Linda/Mike, Paula/Charlie and us. We had a great time!

Thursday- It was a another really busy day at work.Polly was with me so at least there were two of us.  Bob continues working on the wood. He has been working, front to back, and since of course he is putting on several coats of varnish, it is taking a while. Fortunately, in AZ everything dries quickly.

Friday-  Not as busy at work to day. Bob continues working on the wood.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: