• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 64 other subscribers
  • Archives

Sunday July 17th- Port Townsend, Port Ludlow and Port Hadlock.

We bid a fond farewell to Carol and Al.  A little later it was good-bye to Joe and Ginny. They are heading south to visit Mt. Rainer and Mt. St. Helens. Joe already has an appointment to get their motor home repaired. We were not in any rush to leave, as the Elks Lodge in Port Townsend was hosting two Elk groups, so we needed to wait until they left for us to be able to move into a site. The reason we stayed longer was because we wanted to tour some of Olympic Park. The weather was supposed to be better today, but of course they were wrong again! It was cloudy, so we could not see the mountains. Sequim is listed as having the best weather on the peninsula, with the most sunny days, especially in July. Naturally, that is not what is occurring while we are here. We were packed up and ready by 10:45, and arrived about 11:30 at the Elks Lodge. We pulled into our site, ate lunch, and walked the dogs. The camp host had not been here, but it was not a problem. We figured we would catch up with her later.

We drove to Port Townsend to check on the beer that Bob wanted. The guy at the liquor store was unable to obtain it, so Bob bought 2 bottles of the Port Townsend stout. We drove south to Port Ludlow and Port Hadlock. There was not much to see at either place, but between the two, there was a Farmers Market. There were about 10 tents, so we pulled in to wander through. At the first tent, they were selling tamales. We bought 2 chicken ones for Bob. At the second tent were some awesome double chocolate cookies; we bought 2.

Since Bob had the tamales for dinner, we stopped at Safeway to pick up some steamed shrimp for me. We tried to pick some up at one of the fresh seafood places, but they were raw and I didn’t want to stink up the motor home by cooking them.

Bob said the tamales were very good and if he had known that they were going to be that good he would have bought more and froze them. We watched TV in the evening. All of a sudden, we heard some beeping and a click. We had heard this beeping while we were driving last week. It drove us crazy, as we could not figure out what it was. We searched everywhere! Finally, found that our keyless entry pad was not working. So we figured that was it. So now, it beeped and locked the door, all on its own. Good thing we were inside the motor home at the time!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: